Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

it is the sand

Yesterday I walked along the shore for hours (I'm thinking 3 or 4) and I now know why beach people have such tight feet. My toes are still sore this morning. I walked and walked and very little deep thought encroached on my solitude. When I did stop to ponder my spot in this world, seemingly small standing next to such an immense body of water, I thought about what in my life had brought me to this point then I turned around and saw not a single footprint. It was like the past didn't matter. I am here, that is all that mattered, in front of me was a clean slate of untouched sand. I was on a fresh path. No one was leading me, nor was I following anyone. It was like every step was a new beginning and every time I moved forward it washed away. Let the past be your past and let your future be your own.








-- Posted From My iPhone so please excuse the typos!

3 comments:

AdaliaMusic said...

That was beautiful. What an incredible experience and revelation. I know you will still have hard days ahead of you, but just go back to this moment and you'll be able to get through it. I love you, sissy.

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

Your observation is profoundly true. I would like to expand a bit:
The only part of our history that remains in the present is that which we choose to carry with us. Those choices will determine today's emotional, spiritual and physical health.
Are we sad today? What memories are we holding onto that brought us to that point?
Are we physically ill? What have we eaten, what toxins have we breathed, drank, rubbed on our skin that are still with us, causing unwanted extra weight, disease and a mind that doesn't think clearly?
Are we not liking ourselves? What negative beliefs and lies, all the way back to our childhood, have we chosen to latch onto and keep with us?
Are we missing God in our lives? What experiences or lack thereof (on our part) have we chosen to keep int he forefront of our hearts rather than the reality that He has never left?

All of the past - the good, the bad and the ugly - can be kept or washed away. It all depends on our choices today.

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

P.S. This picture of your feet in the water could win you a photo prize. it is SOOOOO excellent,