Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It is arriving

I figured I should write a more cheerful post following the outburst of sad last time.

Upon arriving in KC my allergies came back like a vengeance no sooner did the plane door open I could feel all those lovely spores attacking my poor little sinuses. Welcome back to Missouri (please pronounce misery in this context) I thought. I was greeted by fantastically big hugs from my mother and father (seriously you would have thought that I had been gone months not days :-)). When I got back to the house I was greeted by a dog who couldn't be close enough to me (she used to do this as a puppy she would sit on a lap and press herself into you it was like she had so much wonderful adoration for you that the only way she could express it was to attempt to morph into you). It seemed everyone missed me whilst I was away. It is nice to feel wanted bad sinuses and all. ;-)
This morning I came into my little shop the fireplace was flickering and it smelled like coffee. Really good coffee. My aunt made fun of me my last day in MB. You see there is an apparently horrifying lack of coffee in MB. I mean THER IS NONE. You have two choices, Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks. So after attempting to find a little privately owned coffee shop (fail) we walked into Starbucks (blegh, I've had to drink their weak americanos for 4 days) at 1130 in the morning! Those of you who know me know it is exceptionally hard for me to function properly before my cup (and yes I usually only have one don't think I'm a super crazy caffeine pumping maniac please) of life giving java. So here we are we walk in the door my aunt looks at me and says 'do you feel better now? You just have to smell it?' Oh and it was so true, I walked into that "daddy warbucks" establishment and I could instantly feel relief come over me. My headache started easing, my body relaxed and I took one deep very satisfying breath. Oh to be an addict.
Back to this morning.
I smelled the sweet sweet java and thought oh yes this is the best little shop in the world and it's mine, well it belongs to me and the several 100 people who come here on a daily basis but you get the idea.




-- Posted From My iPhone so please excuse the typos!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm so glad you're back and even more glad that you're glad to be back =). I was a little afraid that you were going to run away on a fishing boat and spend the rest of your life on the high seas . . . or something like that.

You have no idea how much I miss the Bean. I can't wait to come back to your pretty face and jazzy java!

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

it is your own little coffee shop. and a darned sweet shop to say the least.
i know your customers would have given you the same gigantic hugs - we all missed you!
maybe like Kath said, we secretly were afraid you would not return.Of course I knew you might leave us but not your dog,cats & horses! haha!
sooooo glad you enjoyed walking in this morning at 5:30 :)

Emily said...

Its good to have you back Becca