Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

it is leaving

I'm sitting here in the very (very very very very) tiny Florence (not Italy but SC) airport. My flight leaves in 45 minutes. I'm listening to Sara Baerellis's new album (thanks Jenna) and thoughts are running through my head. I'm trying to focus on my book (Eat Pray Love) and all I can think of is not going back. I want to run. Can I face the life I left behind 5 short days ago? Am I ready to fight my unfinished battles? Am I ready to dig back into work? Do I have the strength?
While my Aunt and I were driving home from lunch this afternoon we drove along Ocean Ave and I watched the surf from the distance. I almost jumped out of the car and ran to the water to beg it to let me stay. Maybe the god of the sea would have pity on my plight and grant me my wish.
I know I won't be alone when I get home. I know I'll have my wonderful friends and family. I know I'll be OK, my life isn't really that bad anyways.
It's been a wonderful 4 days. Thank you everyone for all that you do for me on a daily basis. You are what is giving me the strength to get on this plane.

La docle vita can be wherever I am.


-- Posted From My iPhone so please excuse the typos!

1 comment:

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

You have the strength and the courage because the God who created you lives in you. What more power could you need?
love you.