Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

it is the beach

Oh yes my first beach blog, there will hopefully be several ;-). My Aunt J graciously took me to the shore last night upon learning that I had not seen the water for 10 years, we stopped for 5
minutes before dinner. I walked down the little path to the sand. I have to admit I had a moment of fear. You know when you build something up in your head and you have all these wonderful expectations and when you finally get to that moment it falls terribly short and you are left with a sinking disappointment? But I am happy to say it lived up to all my memories. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, kept giggling and then almost cried (how embarrassing!). I am so dramatic ;-). More to come I am sure.















2 comments:

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

peace. a good thing

Emily said...

Oh Becca, I am so happy for you! There is nothing more peaceful, relaxing and more soothing than sitting on a beach with the sound of the surf in the background...:)