Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

It is finding strength

I had a little breakdown yesterday that was connected to something in my childhood, a misconception of myself and of God. I still am dealing with it today and imagine I will for a bit here in the coming future.
Two nights ago I decided I needed to beef up my practice as a Catholic-Christian feeling a little lost in my faith I decided to start doing vespers before I head off to sleep.
Tonight's reading follows;
(Colossians 1:23)

Persevere and stand firm on the solid base of the faith. Never let yourselves drift away from the hope promised by the Good News, which you have heard, which has been preached to every created thing under Heaven.

And the Psalm reads;
Psalm 143 (144)

The Lord is kindness and strength, and I trust in him.

Blessed be the Lord, my help,
who trains my hands for battle,
my fingers for war.
The Lord is kindness and strength,
my refuge and my liberator.
He is my shield, and I trust in him –
he places my people under his rule.

Lord, what is man, that you should take notice of him?
The son of man, that you should give him respect?
For man is as nothing,
his day is like a shadow that passes.

Lord, descend from your heavens,
touch the mountains so that they smoke.
Brandish your lightnings and scatter my enemies,
fire your arrows, sow confusion among them.
Send down your power from above,
raise me and free me from the flooding waters,
from the power of those of foreign race,
whose speeches are not to be trusted,
who lift up their hands in perjury.


It is amazing how God can reach out a tell us something when the vespers readings are chosen months if not years in advance but somehow at the right time I read this and say OK I'll stay strong, I'll hold to what I know to be true and I'll try to figure the rest out. But I won't lose my faith.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

-- Posted From My iPhone so please excuse the typos!

1 comment:

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

Yes, blessed be the Lord God and Father of us all.
Thank you for sharing your intimate thoughts.