Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

it is today

(I wrote this in my head whilst driving last night)
Today has been one of those days you would not want to do over. It was grey and rain and ice has been falling from the sky all day. The roads have not been cleared. Taxes were not fun, at all. I made the decision to add back the 20 hours a week I have dropped at the shop to help get through a financial strain. I have had a headache for most the afternoon. My Grandmother was admitted to the hospital and I am now heading to my little shop to mop and move furniture. I am tired, and I wish this day was over. As I am driving through our little down town I'm remembering a blog I wrote about snow, and finding something beautiful in each day. And so I will, today is beautiful because when the ice fell onto the trees, each branch was coated in glass and the whole world shone like a chandelier. Today is beautiful because my picnic table was covered in a lace tablecloth, it edges dripping with glass beads. Today is beautiful because when I walked through my yard I was transported to a fairy land. Today is beautiful because when I finally got to my little shop the patio was covered in a quilt of white, the tables were dressed in lace and glass beads dangled from each tip of the awning and the windows showed signs of Jack Frost's dancing. Today might have been long and tedious and not much fun, but it was beautiful.

No comments: