Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

It is cooking

I love to cook. I love being silent and cooking with no one in the house with no one talking to me. I love listening to the sound of the knife as it slices through an onion. I love the sound a tomato makes as you slide through it's skin. I love the sizzle of veggies sauté. I love the smell of wondeful food wafting through the air. Cooking covers me with a sense of true tranquility. The issues of the day seem far away and all I am focussed on is the food.
There is nothing like the sense of acheivement when you create some new dish that everyone says "mmm" when they taste it. The sense of pride that comes over me when my dish elicits hugs and exultations is incomparable.

Today I decided to tackle spanokopita and while I was at it my sister asked me to make tiropita. I now have a greater appreciation for Greek cooks. My little pitas look nothing like the cute little triangles I have eaten at a resturant. But I made them I originated this recipe out of my head and they taste delicious. No matter what disaters I may face the rest of the day I at least know I can do one thing and do it well and that is cook.




-- Posted From My iPhone so please excuse the typos!

4 comments:

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

you are an amazing cook. it is truly your creative outlet. and when we are creative, we know peace. and purpose. I am happy that you have not only discovered this in you but also that you take time for it. i know few people who can make their own recipes as often as you and have them taste so incredibly good! and i'm real happy that you live close by and I get to share your delectable mouthwatering creative delights!

A. said...

thanks I certainly hope so! :)
wow that dish looks so amazing. and has a cool name... impressive! I love that you are creative with cooking.

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

i have just gone back thru your blog all the way to august 2008.wow. reading it all at one sitting makes me see you more completely. you are wise, insightful, funny, kind, compassionate,vulnerable.
thank you, Becca, for being you.
btw the greek pastries were so good that dad and i decided they were as good or better than any in any greek restaurant or festival. thank you for being creative and for giving in to that creative urge!!

Full & Happy Heart said...

thanks mom!