Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

it is a snail

Very funny things can happen when you least expect them :-). For instance the addition of my snail, Ganga, into my little tank. People laughed at me when I told them I got a snail. When I asked advice on naming said snail they proceeded to joke with silly names, Speedy, Zippy etc. OK OK I know it's a snail. However this snail was created by the same creator who made us. So... a couple of friends and I (Thank you Janelle and Tyler) googled good Indian names for my Golden India Snail. Ganga is the Hindu goddess attributed to the healing waters of the river Ganges. I know I have already told you all this before but in case you hadn't read the previous post I wanted you to be up to date. NOW to the point of this post :-).

Ganga is an INCREDIBLE snail! I mean totally remarkable. She goes everywhere! Firstly she is the prettiest snail I have honestly ever seen. Secondly she is a very active snail. She went into the geode and got stuck - I had to fish her out with a pair of chopsticks. She slinks along through the mini flower garden. She has climbed up the side of the geode, made it from the front of the tank to the back. Every time I look in the tank she is off in some other corner cleaning up the mess that Hrothgar and Beowulf have created. This is my point....sometimes joy and amusement come in very interesting packages. In all honesty I half agreed with my friends who laughed at my snail. When I dropped her in the tank I thought to myself - so if she never moves will I know if she is alive? How wrong I was! Maybe this is just proving to you all how simplistic I actually am. But I am finding fascination in this little life form, maybe the point I am attempting to say is give things a chance before you write them off. ;-) Anyways here are some photos to amuse you, really the amusement is most likely to come from the fact that A) I took them and B)texted them to some friends and finally C) posted them on here :-)




3 comments:

AdaliaMusic said...

Sis, I love you and your incredible snail. And seriously, keep texting me the pictures! I love the little Ganga updates :) Also, I can definitely say that you are the only person I know, and will possibly ever know, who has fished a snail out of a geode with chopsticks!

technogirl1 said...

Life's joys do sometimes come in small packages. I love the chopsticks story.

I hope she keeps your tank cleaner than the river she is named after.

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

i think your Ganga is pretty. And i agree with both of your sisters:)