Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

it is a learning process

So, needless to say this week has been well interesting. Thanks to Adam's phone call a lot of the emotions, that I had very gratefully moved passed, resurfaced. I remembered everything I missed, the funny, caring, smart, interested in vampires, addicted to football, kind, handsome Adam that I fell in love with. Of course I remembered the pansy, afraid to make a decision, have your cake and eat it too Adam that broke my heart. As I've been thinking this week, turning over things in my head over and over, what did I do wrong, what didn't I have that wasn't worth a risk, could I have held out longer, yaddayaddayadda. I have poured over these questions over and over again. And I have not come up with an answer that is flashing at me "BEX THIS IS WHAT YOU DID WRONG!" I'm not saying I was the best half-girlfriend ever but I was a pretty darn good one. One of the things that made me laugh a bit from that phone call yesterday was that Adam was upset that I had begun to date other people, purely ironic since he is still dating that same girl. Double standard yeah? Anyways during my thinking and self interrogation the guys I have talked to/gone out with over the past few months actually helped my crazy emotional Sicilian self think a little differently. And so, much to your joy I am certain, I'm going to talk a little bit about the recent men in life.
First, hopefully you all remember the cute Camaro driving Jewish boy last fall? You know the one who loves Borat? What did this guy teach me? That I am not the girl that will fall in love with a guy just because he pays attention to her. This is actually a terrible fear of mine, you see those girls who fall in and out of love so quickly and eventually marry a guy for no reason than the fact that he made her feel beautiful. I never want to be that girl.
Next lets talk about Lance from Alaska. He taught me that not only could I be viewed as desirable but that a man (a man attracted to me no less)could actually be strong and honest (if you haven't figured it out he was the other guy in the blog about men). I still miss Lance a bit, he is a really good guy, I really hope he's happy.
And the latest Jimmy in California (I know you are all asking yourselves why I can't seem to find someone somewhat closer but I promise I am trying just a little short on luck I guess). Jimmy is quite the sweetheart but he taught me that I could do the right thing even if not doing anything is easier, you see Jimmy was falling for me and well I wasn't falling for him, nice and kind as he was not a single bit of me desired him. So a few days ago I told him so. When I told him I hoped he found someone closer to him and better than me he said "but you were just right". Sweetheart, I know.
So I'm still on a search for my "great", but I'm learning with some help along the way.

7 comments:

Bryan S. said...

IE issues...so hopefully these sentiments don't post twice).....

Ok..here's the deal....

1)You continue to amaze (said for the coffee discount only :) )

2)Given your past hurts, pain and doubts...your willingness to NOT "settle" is the strength I saw in your eyes from day 1...in spite of everything that is you. You are such the cold stone "survivor"

3) Your complexities, IMHO, -are- your most incredible assets as a human soul, Bec!

4) It will take an incredibly unique, understanding, empathetic but deeply confident (vs arrogant) young man to both keep you and deserve you for a lifetime.

I am the proud and doting father of two 28 year old daughters.

Watching you grow from afar I now know why your parents eyes are what they are when they are around you, Bec.

They are the eyes of rational concern, incredible admiration and a love beyond measure.

I dont have to know them well to know those eyes.

Kudos to you! You make so many of us proud to say we even know you, Bec!

Full & Happy Heart said...

thanks bry- i needed that encouragement. :-)

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

where are you finding these guys?
And Brian is so right on about what he sees in our eyes:)
xxxooo

Bryan S. said...

Hey Bec....

Don't know when/if you will get this but since I have no private email addy for you or a private phone number....

I am trying to respect your sabbatical...but kinda have an ongoing painful relationship issue with one of my own daughters. I think your perspective from a similar age could be enlightening to me...and very helpful.

Was kinda hoping too (since she lurks here) to steal 5 minutes of Cheryl's time (separately) from a parents perspective...but again, have no private way of getting hold of either of you.

Tough for me to reach out....but each of you I respect and I know would offer keen counsel on an issue that has become quite painful for me (understatement!) and I have a decision to make which could be lifetime impactual.

Let me know if something could be worked out and if you'd even be willing.

Hugs and thanks,
Bry

John and Kristin said...

I feel silly because I missed this post, but i am so glad we got to chat the other night! highlight of my month for sure, lets make another date this week shall we? p.s LOVE YOU!!! Muah! xo

AdaliaMusic said...

Lance? Seriously? Stokes is much cooler.

Full & Happy Heart said...

JJ it took me a second to get that - you crack me up :-)