Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

it is the nicest things


As I mentioned in the last post I went on a little road trip with my dog yesterday. I am now safely and merrily back at home and the dog no longer has to guard her bone from passersby. Driving home this morning I popped in Kate Nash's Made of Bricks album. My dearest friend KG gave this to me and said to listen to the Nicest Things track it reminds me of you and Adam. For those of you who don't know I had such a huge crush on him about 2 years ago. Every time he would come into the shop I would get all flustered and awkward and I couldn't talk to him. Which he took as rejection thinking I didn't like him. Not that I blame him mind you, I did shut him down on frequent occasion, never intentionally mind you just
stupidly. Anyways all that being said I was driving home, listening to Kate Nash realizing that this song was as true now as it was then. Earlier on the trip I was listening to the You've Got Mail soundtrack and the Puppy Song has a line that goes something like this Dreams are wishes when we are asleep and wishes are dreams we want to come true. So here are the lyrics to share with you, cyber world, muse over them and my lost wish.

All I know is that you're so nice,
You're the nicest thing I've seen.
I wish that we could give it a go,
See if we could be something.

I wish I was your favourite girl,
I wish you thought I was the reason you are in the world.
I wish I was your favourite smile,
I wish the way that I dressed was your favourite kind of style.
I wish you couldn't figure me out,
But you always wanna know what I was about.
I wish you'd hold my hand when I was upset,
I wish you'd never forget the look on my face when we first met.

I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly,
'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see.
Basically, I wish that you loved me,
I wish that you needed me,
I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three.

I wish that without me your heart would break,
I wish that without me you'd be spending the rest of your nights awake.
I wish that without me you couldn't eat,
I wish I was the last thing on your mind before you went to sleep.

All i know is that you're the nicest thing I've ever seen
I wish that we could see if we could be something






3 comments:

Katherine said...

Kate Nash's new album just came out! I ordered it from the library, so it should be in any day now! You should check it out. She's the best.

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

you should not quote or listen to songs like that

Full & Happy Heart said...

why do you say that mom?