Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

It is Meg Ryan

My life has gone from being plain and ordinary to a Meg Ryan movie. On this little adventure I took in love I have experienced several of Meg's characters in my life. It started out as You've Got Mail. I often feel like Kathleen Kelly but I had never felt that anticipation that excitement she felt waiting for the email. Until now. Every time his name was in my inbox my heart would stop and I couldn't wait to read what he had to say. The phone calls the text messages I would jump every time the bell would go off telling me I had a text hoping it would be from him. Oh and if it was, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face no matter how hard I tried. One of the girls who works for me said to me one day "did you talk to him this morning?" "yes, why?" "because whenever you see him or talk to him before you cone into work you are just so much happier, lighter"
Then my life turned into "When Harry Met Sally" the friendship the conversations the camaraderie then followed by the awkwardness of the fact that I had fallen in love with him and he did not feel the same way about me. Then the conversations got really interesting.
Now my life has turned into "The Women" where Mary argues with her husband and says all the wrong things. Unfortunately I don't think he will ever think I'm worth coming back to.
All of this is to say; what in the world would we do without Meg Ryan?

P.S. A brief shout out to Sandra Bullock, her role in While You Were Sleeping, when her boss asks her "What happened to the other guy?" "He didn't want me." Yeah had that moment too.

-- Posted From My iPhone so please excuse the typos!

5 comments:

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

geeesh. who knew about Meg Ryan roles in that perspective? you do amaze me.
Well, that all said, if anyone doesn't think you're worth coming back to, fighting for, loving for eternity, is plain and simple not worth it for you. They are blind and choose to be blind. You can't make someone open their eyes (or heart) if they just refuse. And when it's a situation like this, in the end, they are the biggest loser. Not you. You've gotta trust me on this.....

Katherine said...

Maybe your next Meg Ryan movie should be In the Cut. You might need some boxing in your life!

And you left out Joe vs The Volcano, which is the bestest.

Full & Happy Heart said...

you know i never finished that movie! remember i was drunk and fell asleep on your lap....if i remember correctly it was due to that stellar Riesling i'm crazy about. i have another bottle sitting at home right now. might have to bust into that tonight. of course the reason i decided to get plastered we know too well. oh life what are we going to do about it.

AdaliaMusic said...

You know how much of a Meg Ryan fan I am... not. But, I must admit, I was able to understand what you were talking about (because you've forced me to watch all these Meg Ryan movies multiple times) and I think it's great that there are movies out there we can all relate to. Sometimes you just need a movie or a story to say, you're not the only one and yes, it sucks.

Full & Happy Heart said...

i love you JJ!!