Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

it is blueberry pie

If you haven't yet it you all must watch "my blueberry nights". It's a movie about crossing the street. Yes it sounds odd and possibly boring but it's worth a watch I promise (Annie you know I'm right).
Love is a funny thing. It makes us do funny things, can't wipe the smile off your face, butterflies in your stomach, dancing in stores, laughing for no reason, dreams, daydreams, lots of thinking, lots of talking and so much happiness. Having your heart broken makes us lash out in ways that you never thought you could lash. Well for me anyways that's how it was. In a moment of excruciating pain I went into survival mode, I didn't know I could be hurt that way, it was like someone was threatening my very existence and what could I do but protect and fight for myself?
Sometimes it takes a long time to cross the street but we have to otherwise we will never get to the other side.

5 comments:

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

so which side of the street are you on?
BTW I was remembering the horrible engagement that dad & I had. I hung up on him so many times. My emotions were so out of control. I am not proud of that time. I have changed over time. And really it seems the last 20 yrs I have gotten continually better. But you know, Dad loved me. And he put up w/my emotional crap. He didn't let that be all he saw in me. I am grateful. (of course, I've had to overlook a few things about him - they're just quieter:) And I'm grateful for that,too. We work thru things. We make us work.

Full & Happy Heart said...

its true we should never expect perfection. and that is love, looking past our imperfectness and finding the diamonds and gold dust, right? knowing that iron sharpens iron and we all get refined in the fire that we need someone in our lives who can call us out, bring us down to the bottom and lift us back up. its knowing who you are and learning who they are. its forgiving, its caring its compassion and passion.
love ya mom!

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

well said, my wise daughter.

AdaliaMusic said...

oh yes. Definitely worth the watch.

(sarcasm intended)

Full & Happy Heart said...

you punk it is totally worth watching don't lie! :-)