Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

it is optimism

10 minutes ago I told a customer, you know what? I think it's going to be a great day today.
I have no idea how those words came from me. When I woke up this morning I thought, well are you ready for the day from hell? Why did I think this day would be such? I closed the shop last night, thankfully I got out on time, and now I'm opening this morning. I went to bed at 1030 last night and didn't fall asleep until 12, at which point I woke up every 30-45 minutes in a tense sorrow, if that makes sense my dreams were plauged with things that will never be. I was fully awake at 3 and stayed that way until my alarm went off at 445 when I actually drug myself out of bed to get to work so I could start the first minute of a 14 hour day. Do you see how my pessimism had good reason? However after being at work for 45 minutes, while drinking a new brew that decidedly I do not like, finding out that my work computer that was fine when I packed it away last night won't turn on, and seeing that I missed a bus bin of dishes last night, and as torrential rain pours outside I said to my first customer at 6:01 "you know what? I think it's going to be a great day." Where the happy thought came from I don't know. The customer surely didnt insprie my mood as he was complaining of exhaustion and spilling his tea. I don't know if it will be a great day. But somehow saying those words made me a little happier, a little braver even, to face this long day. I guess that says something for positive thinking eh?



-- Posted From My iPhone so please excuse the typos!

2 comments:

A. said...

You, my dear, are a trooper. Really. Hope this really is a great day.

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

Optimism is a friend of Hope