Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

it is gardening

Last Saturday I spent the morning in my yard. I LOVE yard work, trimming trees, weeding, watering, fertilizing, planting, I just don't often have time to devote to it.The thing I love best about yard work is that you can think without anybody really interrupting you. An occasional neighbor says hello, your fellow yard workers will occasionally ask questions, but really its just you and the dirt. And dirt doesn't talk that much. Not only are you alone you are participating in a physical activity which helps stimulate your brain. I had such a wonderful time thinking and digging, processing and weeding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's how i was this weekend. i immersed myself in the gardening, made myself think about the dirt. and even talked to my new plants as i placed them in their new homes. it was wonderful. and i was hoping all the while that i stay w/ this all summer/fall.

Full & Happy Heart said...

talking to you plants is great therapy. they are very good listeners. I love the ingrid michaelson song where she sings about talking to the snowman. sometimes it is nice to get all your emotions out to something that won't judge you.