Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

it is life and boy if it isn't a messy one

these last few days have been exhausting. I don't know why. Every day I wake up I am more tired then when I went to sleep. I feel very very alone. I know I have said that before, but it is as true now as it was then. Possibly truer.
Life is MESSY. We should never be under the delusion that it is otherwise. Have you ever seen the movie About a Boy? One of my favorites. I should watch that tonight when I get home. Anyways. In this movie Hugh Grant believes that man is an island and men who decide to attach themselves to other people are going against nature. Then this boy comes along who after his mother attempts suicide decides that there needs to be more than 2 people in a family unit, that way if one person goes off the deep end there will still be someone to lean on and vice versa. He picks Hugh Grant to add to his family unit. Kids, they are often a lot smarter than we give them credit for. Anyways all this is to say the kid is right. THE ONLY WAY we will ever get through this life is with someone to fight shoulder to shoulder with us. Some one who can take the lead if our arm gets tired of holding the machete and cutting the spiderwebs (this reminds me of a Gwen Stephanie song :-)). We all need someone else and in my exhausted, over extended, stressed past all reasoning state I am just wondering....where is this person?


3 comments:

Full & Happy Heart said...

*and for all of you who are thinking about telling me something terribly profound like - God made someone just for you, or Just be patient it will happen. Save it. I've heard them all before and yes I hope they are true but right now it won't make me feel better

AdaliaMusic said...

I wasn't going to say that. I was just thinking of all the movies you've forced me to watch... About a Boy, You've Got Mail, etc... and how they always end up in your blogs and how once you write about them in your blogs I can actually understand what it was you saw in the movie that made it a good movie to you. And now I'm actually thinking that I should watch About a Boy again... (because I wasn't really paying attention the first time)

Full & Happy Heart said...

JJ - You crack me up! I love you :-)