Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

it is snow, again

On this day, the first day of spring, Kansas City received 6 inches of snow. All day at work I heard people complaining about it, oh it is so cold yadda yadda yadda. As I am sure many of you know already, I happen to love snow. but that is all besides the point. This week has been rather hectic, more so emotionally than physically, in a good way, but still hectic. As I was driving home tonight I was listening to Norah Jones' "Back to Manhattan" I was driving slowly because the roads had not been plowed in a while, I was watching the snow fall, dancing to the slow song playing through the stereo. I felt a moment of calm, of peace, I took a deep breath, looked at the trees in the street lights and the snow glistening on the roof tops. It may have been colder than most people wanted today on this day, the first day of spring, but it brought me a moment of peace and for that I am grateful.

1 comment:

Emily said...

AS much as I am ready for the warm weather to come, I have to agree, Saturday was the most relaxing, peaceful day that I have had in a LOOONG time.