Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

it is the ancient future

As I am walking throught Barnes and Nobel I am astounded by the amount of books in print. I am presently reading a book of collective works by the early church fathers. Before each section the editor give you a breif history of the paper, the author abd where it was found, in what condition etc etc. Very little of what they had then (1st and 2nd Century) survived til this present day, famine, plague, fire and the like destroyed much of what they held important. There is much we do not, an will never know. As I am here a thought crossed my mind, what will be left when we ourselves become the ancient culture that future cultures study? How much of what we produce now will be left to tell our story? And wouldn't it be sad if "Sense and Sensibility and Seamonsters" survives and "Sense and Sensibility"did not?


-- Posted From My iPhone so please excuse the typos!

3 comments:

A. said...

oh my. that would be something. i'm visiting for a few days over spring break. hope to see you at the bean or otherwise!

Full & Happy Heart said...

YES!! I cannot wait to see you!! K and I have planned a slumber party :-)

Emily said...

I really wonder sometimes what future generations will think of us? Hmmm, I wonder if they will laugh at our thinking we are so technologically advanced lol.