Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

it is sara bareillis

Lately I've been driving a lot. Mainly because I moved my two boys down to a friends farm 1 hour south of home and have been driving down to see them weekly. These two hours a week by myself and left alone in my own head have proven to be very therapeutic. Anyways as I was driving there yesterday I was cranking out my Sara Bareillis Kaleidescope Heart album. I was thinking about the lyrics to one of my favorite songs on the CD "Gonna Get Over You". Much of that song sums up a lot of the emotion I felt after Adam and I stopped being what we were not. Her feelings of calling it quits long before she actually did, hanging on to the word maybe and so on. The Song before this on the album "Uncharted" she talks about the depth of the pain she felt from this the worst and hardest heartbreak of all. Most of the album is about a wretched breakup and every color of the rainbow emotion that is felt during the ripping and repairing process. The saddest song on the album is without question "Breathe Again". I am very happy to say I do not cry anymore when I hear that song but that has only been in the month - as I have stated many a time before I am quite the emotional sap. ANYWAYS as I was listening to these songs and recognizing that she felt many of the same emotions that I felt I started thinking about the other girls who listen to this album and feel the same way. That is when I had an epiphany - we are all the same. Sure I know that is a blanket statement full of untruths because of course we are not ALL the same but we are all similar. Especially when it comes to our emotions. This of course has been proven by such people as Paul Ekman and the like. Anyways thats it. When you feel like you are the only one who has felt this way before know that you are not alone.