Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

it is a choice

we all make choices, every moment of everyday. One thing I find incredibly interesting, and often annoying, is the number of people who walk into my little shop and have no idea what they want. Coffee or no coffee? Food or no food? I have come to the conclusion that the world is full of people who are afraid to make choices. What I would like to tell all these people in the world is as follow; the world is not as black and white as you fear it is. There are so many choices to make, and most of them are not clear cut right vs. wrong. In a lot of life I believe that there are many right answers, maybe one answer would be better than the other but that doesn't make the others wrong. I think that so many people are so tied up with making the absolutely right beyond right choice for everything that they forget to live. Entirely. It is sad. Terribly terribly incredibly sad. Live, that's all I'm going to tell you, try something new.

1 comment:

AdaliaMusic said...

yeah, i'm no good at that. What if the toothbrush is too hard? What if it's too soft? What if I only like the color right now because I'm in that kind of mood? What if I hate it three days from now and am stuck with it for another four weeks? What if I'm not interpreting my mood correctly? Chocolate may sound good right now, but what if vanilla is really the thing to satiate my craving? The little choices actually seem harder to me than the big ones. Big choices usually have clear cut pros and cons. Like moving to Florida or Colorado. Or going to Longview and UCM. They were the easy choices. But what to eat for dinner?? That's the tough one.