Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

it is worth it

As I am sitting here today I am thinking about a situation I am currently in. It's good, but sometimes challenging on my patcience and emotions. I was thinking back through people I have known relationships I have experienced and different things I have done in life. Almost eveything that I value and cherish has had difficult beginings. My family moving here to KC, not easy to adjust but so much good has come of it, I had an employee who was incredibly challenging at the start and he turned out to be the best player on the team, my horse and I had a wretched begining but he ended up a good solid mount to take into the show ring. My point being is that maybe sometimes we want to give up, call it quits, well maybe that's just me. But I am trying to learn from my past and say it will be worth it in the end, possibly more so than I can imagine. Just because something doesn't begin idealy doesn't mean it will not end well. I guess though the flip side is maybe we should quit while we are ahead. Maybe something is doomed to fail and we as optimistic hard working people keep at it til our fingers bleed and our brains are fried. I guess the thing we have to make sure of is that what we are struggling through is something worth going through the murk and mire for. If it's right or if it's not. Right now I say the situation I find myself in is right, so right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if there's any hope that something will end good (a business, relationships, a move cross country, even a marriage) it's always worth fighting to the end. then there's no such thing as quitting while you're ahead b/c if you did quit you would never know if you were ahead or not! think of Edison and all those failures! what if he quit? it wouldn't have been HIS museum people get to visit! nothing good comes too easy. we only grow thru the tough stuff....

Anonymous said...

in other words, I agree!