Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

it is a possible future?

I never feel more alone than when I'm sick or stressed and then all of the sudden I feel I am the loneliest person in all the world. It is amazing how I can be surrounded by people who see me everyday and, either I am a way better actress than I give myself credit for or, people are hugely unobservant or, they just don't care. If you have seen the movie Wall-E you know the portrayal it shows of the future human race. Unnoticing, uncaring, lost in there own worlds not knowing what is happening outside of there little techno screens. When I step back and look at society as a whole, I am surprised at how close we are to this and how that fantasy might one day become a reality. Will we notice in time to stop it or are we already too far on the way? Are we fated to live our remaining days as a race living in a loveless world?

1 comment:

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

deep deep deep thoughts.
are we there?
we may be.
or at least very close.
but we hide our heads and our hearts and pretend that we're not.
oh, that we would not really find ourselves in those movie seats with headphones going round and round, looking at a made up life 'out there.'
perhaps we will be spared that agony. but, how? only if we wake up now, i believe.