Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

it is only human

I have this employee, Jessica, and she is an incredible woman. She is so strong, the things in life she has had to deal with seem so hard, emotionally and physically. And yet she still smiles, gives a hug, is there to support others. She is truly amazing. I don't know if people understand sometime how easy their life is. There is nothing more amusing to me when people attempt to empathize with a story of their own and then once the story is told all you can do is stare at them for thinking that what this other person is going through is anything like what they experienced. I don't lead the easiest life, nor do I lead the hardest. I think the point I am trying to make is that it is astounding what we little humans can endure. And at the same time how we can blow the small things way out of proportion. My sister met this professor who compared everything to HIV kids in Africa. Funny as it was to hear him constantly say this he makes a valid point. Maybe sometimes in life we just have to see someone worse off then us to realize how good we have it. Maybe we shouldn't sit and say poor me but instead reach out to assist someone else. Maybe we should when we are going through a hard time in our own lives focus on the smallest good that happened. Maybe we should try to look beyond our world and into another's for a change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes.maybe we should.