Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

it is my hippity hoppity little heart

Oh my silly little heart. It jumped. I don't know why it decided to at the exact moment that it did, but it did. It was nice to be happy, genuinely happy for a couple of weeks. The stresses that filled my brain were that of a school girl. Enjoyable silly schoolgirl crushes. Oh but I've told my heart to come back, and it has, begrudgingly but it has. I know why my heart decided to jump, the boy was worth jumping for. But having known this boy for a while and knowing he wouldn't reciprocate the leap made it a very stupid idea for my heart. Hearts do not, sometimes unfortunately, talk to the brain before they go off running one direction or another. And sometimes it takes a little while for the brain to catch up to the heart and to tell it what's what. Oh but the fun the heart can have off on it's own. You see my little heart wants someone to catch it. That is really the best way I can describe. It wants someone to think it is worth taking a jump for, someone that my heart can jump for too. It want's to be caught, and it wants to catch. But right now my little heart has to realize that it needs to be quiet, it needs to take a nap. It is like when you break a bone, at some point on your road to recovery you will forget that you still hurt. You will use your broken limb without thinking only to discover how much bloody pain you are actually in. That is what my little heart did. It saw someone worth catching and it jumped. Poor silly little heart. But then it remembered how much it hurt. And now we are back inside our little glass cage watching the world warily, it won't stay in there forever, but for now it needs to sleep, to mend, to repair.

1 comment:

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

in your heart is the heart of Jesus. it is not alone. it doe not need to feel alone or make itself alone. your job is to train it to remember that. so that when a man comes along, it will know it has your heart within the heart within the heart. nurture what you've got.it's the only and safest and surest and happiest way. trust me.