Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

it is a dinner party

OH what incredible fun we had last night! The food! And the WINE! It was a night of friends and fun and food and drink and laughter and more laughter. My friend Cher was in her element, I tell you what. She shows up complete with Chef coat and we were off and cooking. She is the master of the salad, I swear no one makes salads like this girl and she out did herself. And the cheesecake, smothered in pears and caramel sauce, Oh heaven take me now. I was in charge of the soup and main dish. A white bean recipe that has been a favorite of mine was used for the soup, insanely simple and stunningly delicious and filling. The main course I snagged from Proud Italian Cook, if you haven't checked her blog out you must, http://prouditaliancook.blogspot.com She has some of the best ideas out there and the recipes always turn out wonderfully. I mixed up a delicious batch of her Stuffed Acorn Squash. YUM! Savory rice and applewood chicken sausage combined with season spinach and cranberries all served up in the cute little bowl of a squash. I will definitely be making this again. Now the wine that was so expertly chosen by the palate of Mr Smith. Oh my mouth has never been so happy! Enjoy the photos from the evening. ;-) Chi mange bein, vive bein!













































2 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm feeling so hungry all of a sudden. . . Please come to my house and cook for Thanksgiving! Can't wait to see you!

Proud Italian Cook said...

Oh what a party, everything looks and sounds delicious! I'm so glad you liked the squash too! Thanks for the shout out!