Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Just some thoughts.

You know what is fantastic? Discovering why you are who you are. Thanking the people who helped mold you into an adult, forgiving those who held you back, laughing at the experiences that helped make you stronger, crying at the experiences that made you tougher. Accepting the pain, moving through it to find joy. Its wonderful. It has made me so grateful for the life that I have led. I am so thankful for my parents, while I complained about them being too strict growing up I now know that with out their guidance and without excepting that guidance I would seriously be a messed up soul. And the books that I read, I am so grateful good literature was instilled in me, I am grateful my Mom got me hooked on books. I am grateful for my parents instilling a good work ethic in me. I am thankful that we were poor growing up. I am thankful my parents let me be involved with horses. I am thankful for my sisters teaching me things simply by being a part of the family. I am thankful for my "friends" who used me and trampled on me so that I could know true friendship. I am grateful for Michael M for showing me how to live with a disease and still be one of the happiest people I knew. For Thomas F for showing me that you should always do what you truly love to do because you don't know how long you will have the chance. I am grateful for the cement truck driver for teaching me that life can be pushed off the tracks and that the effort to get it back on is hard but worth it in the end. I am grateful for the people at the "church" who successfully scarred my family and whose repercussions we and other families are still dealing with because with out them I wouldn't have learned about grace. Do you know those books Choose Your Own Adventure? I love playing that game with my life. I like to look back at some event that changed the course I was on and see what would not have happened if I had gone the other way. I always focus on the positive things because bad always comes with the good and if you think that no bad things would have happened while on the other adventure you are stupid. Like, if we hadn't moved to KC, I never would have met my best friends, I wouldn't own the horses that I do, I wouldn't have my dog, I wouldn't have my little house, I wouldn't have my scooter, I wouldn't have my own business. Just some thoughts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

December 13th, 2008

Hello, love this post. It really puts into perspective what matters in the end once you push past all the extraneous clutter.

Thank you for including The Smoking Argus in your Blogroll, we truly appreciate it.

Be Well,

Allison

Anonymous said...

thank you.

stlouismb said...

Hey Becca, I love this post. I want to mention that friendship with you and your family has added so much to my life.

Peace,
Mike