Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

it is a new year

My new year does not ever begin on my birthday or the calendar new year it begins in March. And so this year, like every other, I can feel the universe shifting underneath me. I set out on a journey to find myself three years ago when I moved across the country to South Carolina and this path of discovery has led to more to be discovered. So as the this new year awakens I am finding myself moving again. This time west to Utah. I am going to lose myself in the desert and hopefully as I lose parts of me I will find the solid strong pieces of my heart.

1 comment:

Cheryl Writes On said...

People have been searching for themselves forever. And in the 50s the popularity to travel to find oneself began to escalate. Today it is one of the prime methods. The truth is that there is only one way to find oneself. and it is not by running off in search or to let go of anything. People can deny it and try to run or hide from it for any number of reasons. But the reality is, it's still the only way.