Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

It is peace

When my sister first moved in with me she told me her cat likes my house because it is so peaceful. Andyou know what? She is right. It is. Today I was able to finnagle a day off to kick this flu bug in the booty (thank you girls for filling in for me all day). I very rarely, if ever, get to relax at home. Especially during the day. As I lay on my sofa with stuffy nose and clogged head I realized that my whole neighborhood seemed wreathed in peace. A quiet calm that blankets the streets I take during the day. Very few cars pass and those that do are quiet - no race car wannabees ruling the road. No loud music blaring. No over amped bass. No families arguing in the lawn. No punks on the street corners. A lawnmower in the distance adds to the cicadas song. Chirping birds, squeaking squirrels. And an overwhelming feeling of stillness. A feeling that time is not moving in it's normal rat race pace, that eveyone is taking a deep breath of relaxation. I love my little house on its big corner lot in its entirely peaceful neighborhood.




-- Posted From My iPhone so please excuse the typos!

1 comment:

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

Man, you painted me right into the peace. If I read this when I'm stressed, and close my eyes, I will have a few moments of peace in the middle of whatever is going on around me. Thank you!!