Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

it is a horse

Today I had my first baby baby show on Mr. Mark and after quite the theatrics I began thinking about my "riding career" and so I decided to compile some thoughts on things that being around horses for most of my life has taught me.

1) No victory is small. If you had the worst ride of your life but you learned one thing, you have accomplished greatness.
2) Not falling off is a good thing.
3) There are healthy nerves and bad nerves, feed the good ones, relax the bad. Good nerves make you better, sharper more acutely aware. Bad nerves make you do stupid things and generally lead to falling off.
4) Something will inevitably go wrong.
5) When you think you are working hard work harder.
6) If you do fall off you must must must get right back on, if you don't you never will again.
7) Something you love can bring you ultimate frustration and exquisite joy.
8) Communication is the key to all successes.
9) If something is damaged it is worth the time to fix it
10) Even after a horse is unable to be "used" they can bring you great joy
11) Comedy can come in all sizes
12) No one is too old to learn
13) It is always best to embark on an adventure with a friend
14) Push past your fear, its good for you.
15) Horses smell better than just about anything on earth :-)

Well that is what I can think of now. Do with it what you will.
-Bex

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 and 15. definitely my faves.