Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

it is friendship

Today I had to work a healthy 7 and a half hours on my day off. Oh joy. As I was running around in my shortened free time attempting to get all the necessities of the day done a lot of emotions ran through my head. I am not a person who accepts change very well, which is why I think I am so concerned about the future, I like to have things planned out and as few unknowns as possible. But that is beside the point. The point is that today I had to deal with the fact that all my plans had been canceled and I had to do something I didn’t have any desire to be doing at the moment. In my last few seconds of freedom I got a text from one of my nearest and dearest friends and all it said was “miss you :- )”. And that brought a smile to my face. As we planned a get together when she will be in town next and talked about my little sisters grad school auditions and how her semester was going, all of the sudden I felt like I had a huge pillow of comfort cushioning my loneliness that I felt earlier in the day. I since I know all my friends check on here to see what is going through my brain I wanted to give them a shout out and tell them how much I love them and how truly lucky I am to have each one of them in my life.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Becca, my love, you have no idea how much you cushion my life! I'm glad that you were born for purely selfish reasons! I just can't imagine what I would do without your crazy passion for random things and your feistiness!