Pages

Friday, June 10, 2016

it is hiking solo

There is something great about hiking solo. At the beginning of the hike my mind starts out full of junk, this person, that person, this work thing, did I say that wrong, what do I think about what random subject etc. At some point I get tired, my legs, my lungs or whatever else I worked hard the day before starts to be sore and I have to start pushing myself to go forward. While I'm pushing and pursuing the end of the trail, while my body is focusing on deep breaths and steady steps my mind turns off. I don't realize this has happened until I stop for a drink, as I look around my resting spot I start to absorb my surroundings. I begin to soak in the nature, the creativity and the power of it all. It gives me the push to continue on. And at some point in my silent mind and my tired body I start to feel powerful. That power courses through my veins. It starts chanting in my head good and beautiful things about you. I start to feel the love the universe has for me. I start to believe the good things it says about me. I become the powerful and strong and beautiful woman I was intended to be. My weight doesn't matter, my hair doesn't matter, my social awkwardness doesn't matter. I feel wild, fierce and BEAUTIFUL. By the time I reach my destination I am recharged and refueled. When I head for home my feet are lighter. My smile is brighter and my heart is full of happiness. 


No comments: