Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

it is a new year

(quick note - I do have a Christmas blog that will be posted at a later date)
Well Happy New Year everyone!!! I spent the evening carting my very drunk boss around KC. Needless to say it was an interesting evening but all has turned out well and she is now safely tucked in her own bed. This morning I stopped at one of the millions of local Panera's to grab a quick lunch before I head off to work at the gym. I am in the "upper" class region of the suburbs and am surrounded by a bunch of stuffed shirts. There is a table of 4 socialite want-to-be retired people. They seem to be getting their kicks out of talking about when it is proper to use salted butter versus non-salted butter. Talking about all the things that "common" people do that they are incapable of doing because it is either unsanitary or improper. One such "commoner" activity is public transport. This woman couldn't go 1 block before her husband, dashing to her rescue, figures out a way to remove the window pane to allow fresh air to aid his poor wife. He seemed quite proud of himself for destroying public property. They also are getting quite a rise out of talking about people who are dumber than they. My favorite comment however has to be "Oh she is dumb, but I quite enjoy her company" Which was followed by a chorus of "me too".
Oh well it might be a new year but it's good to know that the world hasn't changed. It is still full of arrogant imbeciles who think they know all the answers to life's questions.

Happy New Year! May it be better than the last and may you stick to all your resolutions! Mine this year is to stop procrastinating. As a friend of mine pointed out..."So you waited until new years to begin?" yes yes I know I am an arrogant imbecile as well, at least I'm not alone in the world. :-)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Cheryl Ann Wills said...

Life, huh ?
It does make me sad when you say ugly things about yourself:(. So untrue.
Xxoo

AdaliaMusic said...

You are so NOT an arrogant imbecile! You are caring and humble and smart and never hateful or rude. I kinda feel like I would've wanted to slap those ladies if I had been there. Wake up, peeps. There's more to life than salted butter.